Thursday, March 3

MAYA IN THE MOMENT TEEN CRAFT: Jumbo T-Shirt Flower Pins


Have you ever had a tie dye t-shirt FAIL? You know, like when it doesn't come out exactly the way you thought?  I did. Well, what do you do with the shirt? After all my sweat and tears, I didn't want to throw it out. I decided to try and make those cool poofy fabric flowers!


  I took my shirt and cut it up into squares. I didn't measure, I just cut different sizes. Then I sprayed them with Tulip® Fabric Spray Paint™.

Next I added dots and splatter by taking apart the bottle and drizzling the paint. I used bright colors on dakr and vice versa so they would show up good.

I love the pink on the purple!

I let them dry for four hours and washed and dried them. I cut out different sizes of circles. Honestly, I didn't know how I was going to make my flowers at this point, I had to ask my mom for help.

We took each circle and added Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue® in the center of each one and pinched it so it looked ruffley. (Is there such a word as ruffley?) Let them dry.

I used the big piece as the base and glued the tips of each pinched circle towards the center so they looked super poofy!
 See the pin back in the picture? I used the Tacky Glue and added those too, so that I can use the flowers on whatever I want. I also covered them in Tulip® Glitter Spray Paint for sparkle.


Here they are on a blouse of mine. There are super JUMBO! I will end up wearing only one on my blouse and use the other two on other things, like my purse or a hat. Maybe I'll give one to my little cousins Sarah and Bella! Next time I'll definitely make mini versions. You can also add crystals if you want!


Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

2 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

that's stunning! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very very cool! I need to make some of these with my daughter... I like that your mom helped you.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close